Wednesday, October 8, 2008

That Was A Debate?

By Tim Philbin

I was barely able to keep my eyes open while watching last nights Presidential debate. I'm not sure if it was the candidates or what they were saying.

Probably both.

For his part Senator Obama thought that every question/issue was the most important "issue of our day". Senator McCain was trying his best to tell us "we can do it", whatever "IT" was.

What I saw was two Washington insiders using political speak to tell us why they would be better than the other guy to manage the mess (which by the way they created) this nation finds itself in.

What I didn't hear was "the vision thing"; that picture of the "shining city on the hill" . They both presented a list of what they will do for us if only we vote for them.

Please! How stupid do they think we are?

But me ears did perk up when Senator Obama said he want to help people pay for their homes and their everyday bills. I quickly reached for my most recent bill from CVPS and felt relieved knowing if he's elected I could just mail it to him at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and he'll take care of it.

He just might get my vote!

No comments: